Melody N. Timmons, CCS
Objective: Health information management professional looking for part-time coding and or auditing/consulting opportunities in a remote working environment.
January 2012- Present Baylor Health Care System, Irving, TX
Facility Coding Auditor/Educator
- DRG optimization audits
- Monthly Quality audits
- Billing edit management
- Overflow coding of all charts
- Sepsis, CHF, and Mortality audits
- Documentation improvement physician education
- ICD 10 and software implementation education
February 2009-January 2012 Baylor Health Care System, Irving, TX
Medical Records Coding Specialist
Codes and abstracts Outpatient and Inpatient Medical Records. Most experience is in out patient encounters to include same day surgery, ED, observation, radiology, interventional radiology, other ancillary, and series accounts.
Audits and corrects items that do not pass edits in system using back end scrubber software (Xactimed, Patcom, Stockamp platforms)
July 2011-November 2011 Southern Careers Institute
Instructor, Medical Billing and Coding
In this part time position, I was responsible for instructing, mentoring and building a strong rapport with students enrolled in the Medical Billing and Coding programs.
April 2007- November 2008 ABC Behavioral Health Dallas, TX
Director of Administrative Services
- Successfully responsible for the overall management of administrative and billing functioning of the clinic.
- Created a fund accounting model for better grant administration
- Managed all Medicaid (Trailblazer) Billing and Coding functions
- Managed all accounting aspects of the organization
- Updated employee handbook and policy and procedures manual
- Created organizational training manual for Homeless Management Information System
March 2004-March 2007 Heritage Galleries and Auctioneers Dallas, TX
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization.
Leader in research and development to succeed in implementation of a new settlement accounting process
- Implemented check scanning and electronic filing of our daily cash receipts
- Implemented auto-signature program for check signers throughout the company
- Conducted training for many entry level positions within the department
Education and Other Information
January 2014-Present (Anticipated Graduation of December 2015)
University of Texas at Arlington, Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
Universities Center at Dallas, TX
2014 ICD 10 Trainer Certification Program, AHIMA, Chicago IL
2012 ICD 10 Train the Trainer Program via Baylor Healthcare System.
2009 Baylor Health Care System, Dallas TX
Medical Billing and Coding Certificate Program (AHIMA approved program)
2003–2007 University of Phoenix, Dallas TX
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Certified Coding Specialist, American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- AHIMA Approved ICD-10 CM/PCS TrainerAffiliations• Current member of the American Association of Professional Coders
- References upon request.
- Computer Applications: Proficient in all Microsoft applications including MapPoint and Visio, SAP, AS400, Peoplesoft, Deltek Project management software, ADP Easy Pay and ADP Total source, QuickBooks Pro, MetSYS, 3M, Soft Med, PatCom, Stockamp, Eclypsis, Allscripts, Computer Aided Coding
- • Current member of American College of Healthcare Executives and on North Texas Chapter mentor/mentee committee.
- • Current Affiliate Member of the American Healthcare Information Management Association (AHIMA) and TXHIMA and a mentor in the AHIMA mentor program.